Stetson House

Louisa Stetson Larrick occupied this Waynesville house when her brother John visited her in the 1860's. John Stetson (the Stetson hat guy) gave his sister tuberculosis, and she died there in 1879.

Today mirrors won't stay on the walls in the Stetson House. The smell of gingerbread sometimes fills the house, which no longer has a kitchen. A small, dark-haired woman in old-fashioned dress has been seen there. She is believed to be either Louisa or Lila Benham, a schoolteacher who lived there in the early 1900's.