The Wolcott House
This white house was built around 1830 on the high bank of the Maumee River by James Wolcott and his wife, whose father was Samuel Wells, an officer under General "Mad" Anthony Wayne. The federal government gave the plot of land near the Black Swamp to her as compensation for land her family lost.
The house is now a museum exhibiting life as it appeared in the pioneer era, and it is haunted. Unseen figures touch visitors and employees on the shoulder or appear at the edge of view, only to disappear. Mysterious footsteps are heard.