The Renaissance Cleveland
Lots of ghosts haunt this downtown hotel, which was originally part of the Terminal Tower Complex. It stands on a spot once occupied by a number of prominent buildings in Cleveland history, including Mowery's Tavern (Cleveland's first hotel, 1815), as well as Cleveland House, Forest City House, the Hotel Cleveland, and Dunham House. The fourth floor in particular is someplace staff members won't go alone, especially at night. Lights flicker for no apparent reason, and in the bathrooms toilets flush and sinks turn on and off by themselves.